Monday, January 8, 2007

Happy Bird-Day



In honor of Kellen's 16th birthday today, here are a few of his birthday Do's and Don'ts.

Don't say "Happy Birthday" to me.

Don't ask me how old I am and when I tell you "15", correct me and say, "No, you are 16 today"

Don't expect me to blow out candles just because everyone has sung "the song" and now it is time to do the blowing. Do you know how much power there is in not blowing out birthday candles? People get really excited as the candles disappears into a wax puddle.

Don't expect me to get excited about presents which are clothing and please don't ask me to try anything on (are you KIDDING??).

Don't ask me to pose for pictures and if you do, do not ask me to say cheese and then get upset because my grin is too cheesy.

Do expect my answer to, "What do you want for your birthday?" to be movies that are not released on DVD yet.

Do know that I am going to look for wrapped presents that are in the shape of a DVD. Those are the ones I want to open.

Don't
be surprised if I want the "untraditional" for my birthday. For instance, a sculpture of a sandpiper that I saw in a gardening store and wouldn't let go of (see picture).

Do understand that I really don't like my routine messed with, I don't need hoopla or drama for my birthday. I just like to enjoy my day, my way...which pretty much means presents.

2 comments:

Dream Mom said...

I tried to post earlier tonight and wish Kellen a Happy Birthday however the blogger was down and wouldn't let me post.

I am hoping you both had a wonderful day, even if it may have upset the routine. I also hope he got some nice DVDs for his Bird-Day.

Happy Bird-Day to a nice young man.

Jacqui said...

Your post is hilarious. I hope Kellen had a great day.