Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Kellen's Top Ten Reasons to Like Our New Church


10. The guy who rides in on his Harley calls me "bro".

9. The church doesn't haven't any stairs to walk up or down.

8. The band is loud enough that no one can hear me sing off-key. They changed some of the words of one of my favorite songs, Hallelujah from the Shrek movie and they play it on Sunday mornings.

7. The church is in the community where I live - even my school bus driver goes there.

6. I know the pastors and they know me.

5. The band made a CD of the songs they sing on Sunday mornings. I have listened to the CD so much that now I know the words and can sing along on Sundays with everyone else.

4. I get to be a greeter on Sundays and everyone is getting to know me. I almost have my own fan club now (most of them are the older ladies).

3. There is a casual, informal atmosphere. If I need to go to the restroom during the service, no one cares.

2. Before the service starts, they play a short movie clip or cartoon on the big screen. It really draws my attention. Sometimes even during the sermon they will show a quick movie clip to illustrate a point. All very cool.

1. Every Sunday they have donuts with sprinkles.

1 comment:

Awesome Mom said...

We need to get those donuts at my church. I bet attendance would soar.