Friday, March 9, 2007

It Just Keeps Happening

I was over at FINsLIPPY today reading this post about how she has high hopes for her blog and then she has one of those weeks where nothing happens to blog about. I thought to myself, "Well....hmmm...that's because you don't have a child with special needs." Because in my house it seems like stuff is constantly happening...even when I don't want it to. In fact, I'm sure that the person who invented the phrase "shit happens" was a parent of a child with special needs. What do you think?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

For us, the SAME s_ _t keeps happening, over and over. Sometimes it seems like NONE of us can get it and so we keep getting the same lessons to learn over and over. WE make the same mistakes with Vic, as well. Our needles are all stuck--if anybody remembers records and record-players any more.

Chris and Vic

Angela said...

A friend shared your blog with me -- I found the advocacy posts so so so helpful -- thank you! My son is 4 with CP and we're only starting to navigate the school system (EI has been more than accomodating this far)...anyway I had to chuckle because I've often wondered if I'd have as much to blog about if it weren't for Jack!

Nice to "meet" you -- I hope you don't mind I added you to our blogroll!

Angela

Jodi said...

Thanks for stopping by Angela!

Anonymous said...

Jodi, did you see this article in today's New York Times? It has a great video clip to accompany it.
When shit is a-happenin', read/watch this:


http://www.nytimes.com/packages/khtml/2007/03/11/nyregion/nyregionspecial2/20070311_RCOVER_FEATURE.html

Jacqui said...

yep. shit happens and occasionally literally. my problem is getting it all on the blog without too many spelling and grammatical errors in the short time allotted for just me.

Jodi said...

Chris,
Thanks, that was an AWESOME slideshow. I love the whole three musketeers theme. I noticed that they even had artwork on their walls that was three musketeers. I had an opportunity to spend time with Emily, Jason's mom several years ago. I really enjoyed hearing about Jason then. It was good to get an update.
Jacqui, it "happens" literally over here as well!
Jodi