Monday, October 29, 2007

One Person is a Fruitcake, 50 People are a Powerful Organization


One Person is a Fruitcake, 50 People are a Powerful Organization


If you think that you alone cannot do much to improve your
school, you are probably right. You're more likely to get what
you want for your child if you work with other parents.

If you are in a school that is not parent-friendly, this is how
you might be perceived.

1 person = A fruitcake
2 people = A fruitcake and a friend
3 people = Troublemakers
5 people = "Let's have a meeting"
10 people = "We'd better listen"
25 people = "Our dear friends"
50 people = A powerful organization"

If you collaborate with other parents and organizations, you can
make a difference. There is strength and power in numbers.

From www.wrightslaw.com

4 comments:

Casdok said...

Im definetly a fruitcake!!

S said...

That sounds absolutely right to me. There is strength in numbers...that adage isn't wrong.

Kellan said...

I couldn't agree more! I am so lucky that my kids attend schools where is there so much parent involvement - it makes all the difference in the world. See ya.

Kathy Gillen said...

So true. I am always glad to see the fruitcakes. I'm rarely one, but I don't mind joining in at about the 5 or 10 people level. I guess that makes me just a nut.