.jpg)
You are a fish sourrounded with fish different then you. I am the water sourrounding you with friendship.
This is a picture that another student drew for Kellen when he was around seven years old. It came home folded up in his backpack one day. I was touched by it and asked his teacher about the girl who drew it. She told me that the girl was not even in his class, but liked to play with him at recess. She has a younger brother with a disability.
The picture so moved me that I took it down to the printer and had them make it into cards. Then I laminated the original so Kellen could always keep it.
I like that the picture is of two fish: one labeled "you" and the other "me." The fish representing Kellen is jumping higher the the one which represents her. She is swimming after the Kellen-fish yelling, "Wait up!" I love that the sun is wearing sunglasses...that is so Kellen. At the risk of over analyzing it, I find it interesting that she says the fish are different than him instead of saying he is different than the other fish. Most of all I love the image of her as the water surrounding him with friendship.
May we all be so fortunate to have friends like this surrounding us.
If you'd like a copy of this card, please drop me a comment and I'll have Kellen pick a winner on Thursday evening.

7 comments:
I think it's sweet. Put my name in the hat.
And mine!
It just says it all and so beautifuly!
Dammit...again with the teary-eyes at work! We would love a copy.
Hand flailing in the air-
*Pick me Kellen!*
Love this!
Nelba
This is so special and so sweet!! What a cool picture and what a wonderful memory. I want a copy!! Pick me.
I just found this web site and thought of your picture!
http://bighugelabs.com/flickr/motivator.php
oooh me too. if ever there was a representation of all the good in the world, this is it!
Post a Comment