Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Christmas at the Mongolian BBQ

We're in Vancouver for a mini-vacation.

Last night shortly after we arrived, we walked through town in the rain looking for a restaurant open for Christmas dinner. We couldn't find anything we liked within walking distance, so we headed back to the hotel to get the car. Somehow we found ourselves at a Mongolian BBQ. Yes, we ate Christmas dinner at the Mongolian BBQ...go ahead and laugh.

It was a small, but popular restaurant and as is typical when he experiences a new place, Kellen was very anxious when we first got there. Sweet Husband made the mistake of trying to help him off with his wet coat and Kellen didn't want his coat off. He exploded with an incredibily loud "Sonofabitch!!!" The entire place was instantly silent. I felt horrible. Not making eye-contact, I said, "I'm sorry" to everyone and then set about to help Kellen feel more comfortable. He ate dinner with his wet coat on and thoroughly enjoyed it. It was really good food! A memorable Christmas dinner and I'm glad we'll never see those people again....sigh.

Happy, Merry Boxing Day
It's Boxing Day in Canada. Must....go....shopping.

3 comments:

Kellan said...

I think it made for a very memorable Christmas - Kellen's outburst and all - made it quite memorable and I'm glad it was good! Hope you all had a great Christmas - I've missed you and I'll be back soon. Kellan

Casdok said...

Glad you all had a lovely meal out!!

Anonymous said...

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!!!Hahahahahahahaha!!!!

Just got back from Winthrop, WA where we spent Christmas in a winter wonderland. I hate reality.
Renee