
1. LUSH - Fresh Handmade Soaps and Natural Cosmetics
A few years ago our family was on vacation in Vancouver, Canada and I saw everyone carrying bags with the Lush logo. I got really curious...were these people all winos? Later I ran across the store and stepped into a place I can hardly describe. The aroma... the bins of colorful bath bombs and soaps...the hippy atmosphere...the sensory experience was like nothing I had ever walked into. During the years it took for LUSH to finally come to Washington state, I either ordered online or shopped when I went to Canada, now we have two local stores. Even their website is fun, fun, fun. These people have character.
If you go to their website, click on the flag for your country. I then like to click on "Best Sellers". That is how I found some of my now favorite products:
My Favorite Soaps: Rock Star, Karma, and Honey I Washed the Kids.
Shampoo: Big
Bath Bombs: Butterball and Avobath
Skin Conditioner: Buffy
Everything smells yummy or exotic or fresh.
2. Village Candle- candles and fragrances

I especially love their fruity scents and Wild Huckleberry is my favorite. They have quality products. Even better than their candles are their car candles. They are more than air fresheners...they have terrific fragrances. My co-workers will come and smell the inside of my car if they happen to see me coming or going.
3. Zappos - The webs most popular shoe store.

I think maybe I'm the last to find out about this website. I'm not a real shoe person, maybe that's why. I do love me some lace up boots and I have a wide foot.On their website you can do a search for the type of footwear you are looking for. I found these boots called Timberland Urban Waterville. I ordered them and love them. They also have free overnight shipping!
4. Woodbine House - Books on disabilities.

They have a special needs collection with tons of books on autism, Down syndrome and special education. They are the publishers of Gifts: Mothers Reflect on How Children with Down Syndrome Enrich Their Lives. I wrote a chapter called On His Thirteenth Birthday which was a letter I wrote for Kellen. Gifts would be a great gift for anyone who has (or will soon have) a child with Down syndrome in their life.
I would love to hear about a couple of your favorite things. Tell me about one or more in my comments! The new one I like best will win a Berry Delight car candle (because I like to share).
Note: Thanks to Linda and Cathy who emailed me that they found Kellen some Bad Ass sunglasses on ebay. I bought a pair for him. There are still extra sunglasses available if anyone wants to order a pair on ebay and join Kellen's Bad Add fan club...heh heh.

6 comments:
Thanks for these great ideas! I haven't heard of Lush -- I have the sense that I'm in for a real treat!
This year a lot of people on my Xmas list are going to get products from Lands' End -- that's in part because I've got so many coupons from LE for free shipping, LOL! But I do love their fleeces, slippers, hats, etc.
I heart LUSH, too. Good call! They are the best people to deal with over the phone...fantabulous customer service.
Suz in Canada
I, too, LOVE Lush. My favs from them are the Ocean Salt face scrub (salt, lime and vodka...need I say more?) and there bath melts. The bath melts are little bricks of heaven for winter-dry skin. One of the scents is "Naked", and it's like a nutty vanilla-cream scent. I think I need to soak now... ta ta!!
Looooove the Lush!
They just put one up locally for me, and I'm so geeked!
My faves are the butterball bomb, Honey I washed the kids soap, running for the embassy buttercreme, and the solid shampoos and conditioners. Yummy...
Um, ok all you LUSH fans, I like it too, but give me some Body Butter anyday!! Like a nice Organic Bath Co. Lavendar Vanilla. I mean, who has time for soaking in the tub?? God, I wish I did.
*winks*
Will have to try out the LUSH products sometime - Honey I washed the Kids soap LOL!! Thanks for sharing your favorite things over at the carnival
Post a Comment