Sunday, December 9, 2007

I Am Me


I am me.
I wonder what this means to you?
I hear you.
I see you.
I want you to hear me and see me, too.
I am me.

I pretend as little as I’m able.
I feel you know this about me, already?
I touch the soft hair of my little boys and I kiss the tops of their heads.
I worry they won’t know how much I love them.
I sadden to think others won’t love them as much as I do.
I am me.

I understand the world is a complex place.
I dream that some day, people will celebrate its differences.
I try to help make this happen.
I say, “See my life? It’s not so very different from yours, after all.”
I hope you hear me.
I am the voice of my son, until he has words of his own.

by Jennifer
Mom to Carter, Avery and Bennett

4 comments:

Maddy said...

I think [hope] we are all on the same page.
Best wishes

This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful

Baby Island said...

Our lives are not so very different!

Sweet poem.

Anonymous said...

Lovely!