Tuesday, December 11, 2007

She's Come Undone


Evidence that I may be losing it:

Today at work I stepped away from my desk for a few minutes. When I returned a little after noon, I found a sticky note on my computer monitor from my supervisor saying that he wanted to meet with me from 12:30-1:00. I quickly ran down the street to McDonalds to pick up a salad to-go and brought it into the meeting room.

My supervisor walked in and I told him that I had a nice relaxing lunch planned until I had read his email that said he wanted to meet with me at 12:30, so I rushed back.
He stated, "I didn't send you an email."
I responded, "Yes, you did."
"No, I didn't."
"Yes, you did."
"I didn't send you an email....I wrote a sticky note and stuck it to your monitor."
Realization dawning..."Ohh...yeah."

If you read it on your computer...isn't that an email?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so funny!

Casdok said...

Yes i think that counts!!

mommy~dearest said...

That absolutely counts as e-mail. Same mindset as the "book on tape"..."Did you read The Lakehouse?" "Yep".

Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one having moments like that!