I was thinking the other day about Freedom and about Independence. When it comes to people with intellectual disabilities they are often not permitted to be as independent as they may like in the name of Safety. It seems that in the world of disabilities the opposite of Independence is Safety.
Then I started thinking about my own life as a person without an intellectual disability. It seems that in my life Freedom is offset with Responsibilities. I cannot be as free and as independent as I like...because I have Responsibilities.
It kind of made me go....hmmmmm.
What makes you go....hmmmmm?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hmmmm... health insurance. Always willing to pay for the catastrophe that could have been avoided, but not willing to pay for preventing the catastrophe.
No coverage for seeing a dietician, no coverage for sessions with a physical therapist to learn how to exercise effectively, limited screening exams...but coverage for the heart attack or colon cancer.
Whaaat??
Yes hmmmm
Tying in with the anonymous comment: How the term healthcare is actually a misnomer. There is nothing healthy about it… and as for care? You must be joking!
Post a Comment