This...
.jpg)
...is in our living room right now holding our ceiling up as Sweet Husband took out a support beam today. Our house will be in disarray for about two months.
I would love any and all ideas on how to survive a remodel...especially if you have ideas on how to survive a remodel with someone who thrives on routine, order and predictability (Kellen). Really. I'd love your ideas.
In the meantime, please stay tuned as I try really, really hard not to pull my hair out.

4 comments:
I have no ideas on how to survive. I've been avoiding this scenario for a while now, even though we desperately need to redo the kitchen and add a bath.
I can't wait to read more about it from you!!
Hi Jodi,
We went through a master bathroom remodel this past summer. All three of us (4 when Grandma visited for 2 weeks in June) used Jamie's bathroom for 3 months. She really didn't comment on it much at the time but I realized how much it must have disturbed her when the contractor came back this past Saturday to put in base molding and flip a door to open out rather than in and she got upset with us moving our bed out of the room and the furniture away from the wall. He was done and out of the house in 3 hours and we quickly put the room back in order but she still anxiously asks every day "Donnie all done? Donnie come today?" I reassured her he's "all done!" "No Donnie today."
I also hadn't thought about this until now. She hasn't taken a shower with me since the remodel. I think she misses our old, crummy, too small bathroom!
I don't have any advice to give you except to be prepared that Kellen wont like the new kitchen as much as you will.
Take care,
Sara
I have avoided any remodeling at all costs. Just the thought of it makes me feel on edge.
I have no advice, but will be sending you wishes for a QUICK and uneventful transition.
-Sheila
One step at a time! We just (almost) finished an addition including the demo of an exterior wall. I try to keep the endpoint in mind. It's the decision process that I find agonizing....
Post a Comment