Thursday, July 3, 2008

Camping: Priceless


Over 100 degrees in the shade?
Eating hot dogs every night for dinner?
Mosquito bites over every inch of your body?
Not being able to decide which is worse...being inside a hot tent at night or risk stepping outside and getting eaten alive by before mentioned mosquitoes?
Strong winds blowing your belongings across the campground?
Listening to people at other campsites laughing until 1am and then being woken at 4am by the sun coming up and seagulls crying. (I thought they were only at the ocean??)
Sitting with your chair in the lake, under the shade of large shrubs, surrounded by your friends?
Breaking your camera lens at a rest stop on the way home.
Getting home and looking in the mirror only to see lots of bruises from riding behind a boat in an inner tube.

Don't let anyone tell you camping isn't fun!

1 comment:

Nora said...

At least you have the memories. I would have DIED at the temperature, I'm impressed!