Friday, July 11, 2008

A Tale of Flooring

I was reading the Quirk Factor today and saw her post on taking down her ugly kitchen wallpaper only to find an even more "interesting" wallpaper underneath. You really gotta go take a look. Reading this reminded me that I haven't posted pictures of our family room.

Here is DQ helping to take up the old carpeting that had been in this room since before we moved in eighteen years ago.


Underneath the carpeting the pad was disintegrating and fairly disgusting. Look what we found when we cleaned the mess up.

Yes!

It's vinyl flooring that is made to look like river rock. Amazing!

So we got rid of that and had hardwood floors put down. Here is the result.

1 comment:

catherine (fairchild) calhoun said...

Jodi, we just put down fake brick linoleum in our 1/2 bath, for now, eventually something fancier -- reminds me of the stuff in my kitchen growing up in the '70's -- that river rock is truly awesome. they did not have any river rock at Home Depot or Lowe's, too bad.

Your house is looking very nice -- and I love the monkey-isms.