Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Doesn't This Just Sum It Up?

Kellen's new phrase this week is...drum roll please..."I not, the mood".

Translation: "I'm NOT in the mood".

It's his answer to lots of things from "Do you want to go swimming?" to "It's time for a shower." (Why do teenagers resist cleanliness?)



I not, the mood

Why does this new phrase make me smile?

For a couple of reasons. One, it tells me he is still learning language...and more and different ways of expressing himself.

Two...because it perfectly sums up the last fifteen months.

Three...because it is so...teenager.

9 comments:

Clare said...

Ah yes, this is one of Russell's favourites. MOM, I'm not in the mood, OKAY??

I love it too.

His new phrase is "MOM, I'm going to be 20 in five years, you know." Meaning, "get off my back, woman."

mommy~dearest said...

Oh that is awesome. One of Jaysen's new ones has been "Is this some kind of joke?"

Ahh...kids.

mama edge said...

I was led here by teenautism's blog. What a hoot! I have to say, I always thought that we'd be spared all the teenage crap with our neuro-different kids. It's a delightful surprise ... right?

Anonymous said...

I hinted I might support designating "teen" as a diagnosis - in a post titled "Bones, er, House".

So similar to others his age....I'm sympathetic.

Jan Steck Huffman said...

Ha! When I ask, even giving the god mandated "choices" of "do you want a bath or shower", I get "No, later this afternoon"...no matter what the time is.

gotta love our kids eh?

Casdok said...

Love it! Will have to remember that phrase! :)

Anonymous said...

I can relate to Kellen. When my kids have been acting up lately I,too, not the mood!!
-Sheila

Anonymous said...

That's a great self-advocacy phrase! :)

Anonymous said...

"I not, the mood" is so great! My son went through a recent phase similar to that. When he didn't want to do something he said, "It's not my bag." Not sure where he picked up that line!