Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Retail Therapy at It's Finest

A couple of Sunday's ago, Sweet Husband and DQ left for their 15th annual summer backpacking trip together. They hiked near Mt. Rainier.




It's a little father/daughter thang they've been doing since DQ was six years old. It is also tradition that they take a gnarly photo together in the parking area at the end of their trip.



No sooner had they left, then I hopped on the web for a little retail therapy. I fully admit that I was using this as a coping mechanism as I knew it was to be a rough three days (plus I had some birthday money burning a hole in my underwear drawer). I went to this site and discovered that you can customize your own pair of boots.

Oh my gosh, was that fun. This was better than simple retail therapy...it was choices! options! creation!

I ordered a pair a little over a week ago...and believe it or not, my custom designed boots arrived today.



Those are my initials JR on the hangtag.



Look at these laces! My monogram is also on the tongue.



They were worth every penny and almost worth three days home alone with the K-Monster...almost.

1 comment:

mommy~dearest said...

Those are so cute!!! I want a pair too!