This morning I drove up to the hospital to see Kellen. I hadn't seen him since Saturday as I decided we needed a break. It's been hard on both of us when I visit. Whenever he sees me he has been so obsessed with going home that we can't even enjoy our visit. I hate to see him so upset. Although I haven't been going to the hospital very often, Sweet Husband has been up there everyday either before or after work.
I brought Kellen a new Spiderman t-shirt and he put it on right away. He seemed in good spirits and was very affectionate towards me...almost to the point of clingy. He started to ask me very nicely if he could go home. I told him that he could go home on Wednesday. He wasn't happy with my answer, but he didn't pack his bags and get upset either. He is improving. There was a little boy who was literally climbing the walls and emitting a high-pitched screech. When Kellen heard him, he started getting wound up and screeching back. He stopped when I asked him to. The little boy came up to Kellen and got very close. Kellen called him "Little Chief" and gave him a hug. We're starting to see the side of Kellen that we truly love. I did not hear a single cuss word all morning...a huge improvement.
I am so curious how things are going to be when we get Kellen back home.
Thursday, October 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Oh Jodi!
Hugs.Lots of them. And prayers that all will soon be fine.
Fantastic to hear of a huge inprovement, and hopefully all this heartache will have been worth it for Kellen and the family.
Hi Jodi,
Glad to hear that things are improving and that you are seeing "the real Kellen" re-emerge. We're thinking of you.
Post a Comment