Sunday, October 5, 2008

More


Kellen and I have had a fun routine for awhile now.
One of us will say, "I love you."
Then the other one will say, "I love you more."
Usually the first person will then reply, "I love you MOST."
...and so it goes.

The other night I introduced Kellen to one of the young women I provide direct support to. Sheryl is someone who rarely uses spoken language...but really knows how to communicate. Well, they met and they immediately hit it off. (Kellen has a bit of a thang for older women.) They both had big smiles on their faces and Kellen skipped, "I love you," and jumped straight to, "I love you more!" This made Sheryl laugh and sign and say, "More." For the rest of the visit Sheryl referred to Kellen as "More."

As I reflected back on the evening I thought about how perfectly fitting this name is for Kellen.

Yes, he is more.

Sometimes more than I can handle.
More than I ever expected.
More than I deserve.
More than I know what to do with.
More.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely post. Thank you for the smile!

Baby Island said...

Thats sweet.

mommy~dearest said...

Aww... yes he is more!

Anonymous said...

*sob*

Yup.

More.