Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Laundry Love



A funny thing about Kellen...he loves laundry. Yes, I said "laundry". He gets big time satisfaction out of getting his clothes out of the dryer, folding them and putting them away. I think he especially likes the "putting away" part. It's as if all is right with the world when his clothes are all nestled in their drawers where they BELONG.

Sometimes he will stand in the middle of the room and not move. When we try to coax him into activity, he will say,
"NO! Laundry!"
This means he wants us to get his clothes out of the dryer immediately. Sometimes when we leave the house he will let us know that when we return, he is looking forward to "laundry", or, he will be sitting on his bed, watching TV, and I will bring him a pile of clean clothes. He will...wait for it...pause...his movie in order to put away his clothes.

Am I the only one that finds this hysterical?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

He's my kind of man! Send 'im over!

Really, that is fascinating. There is something to be said for life folded neatly and tucked into its proper spaces.