Monday, March 26, 2007

Home is Where the DVDs Are


The best thing about going on vacation with Kellen is how bearable he makes it to come back home. I used to feel down upon my return to the rat race. No longer.

The whole time we're gone, Kellen is talking about coming home and when we are going to come home. He packs his bag every morning in hopes that "this" will be the day that he gets to go home. We bring his portable DVD player and a handful of DVDs, but he talks longingly about the DVDs we left at home. He just adores his possessions so much and wants access to them at all times. Getting to California took some coaxing, but coming back home was absolutely no problem, despite the fact that we had to get up at 5:00am in order to get to the airport on time.

It makes me happy to see how content he is to be home...and it makes it so worth the effort.

1 comment:

jennifergg said...

I love being home, too. For me, it's not DVDs but books...I miss them when we are away!