Saturday, May 5, 2007

Getting All Googly

Today I thought I'd share some of the interesting search terms that have brought people to this blog. They never fail to amaze and amuse me. Who are these people...and just why are they searching these phrases? My imagination goes wild.

First we have the person from Belgium searching on "getting out of puberty". Hmmm...is this like getting out of prison? At first I imagined it was a desperate parent searching, but maybe it's not. Maybe it's a desperate 12 year old. I feel bad that my blog will not have given them the magic key. They will have to make their way out of the tunnel in due time (just like the rest of us did).

I found this one strange: "why do swedes and Norwegians hate each other". This was just after I posted the bit about my Norwegian grandpa calling us "little Swedes" every time we behaved like rascals. Maybe this was a search from a high school student writing a paper? I bet it will be fascinating.

This one caused my imagination to work overtime: "disrespect from older coworkers" The phrase was kind of interesting, but I found it even more curious that the person who searched on this phrase was searching from the General Motors Corporation. I could just picture some young dude who just couldn't take it anymore heading over to his computer at work and looking to the Internet for some ideas. His search took him to my post on Disrespect. I hope he was able to see that all of us are disrespected at one time or another and people with disabilities face disrespect more then the rest of us.

Some curious person searched on "Hirschsprung poem".Now I've posted before on the fact that Kellen was born with a colon disorder called hirschsprung disease. I could get all technical on you, but basically it means that we have dealt with a lot of poop over here. Someday I promise I will try my hand at a Hirschsprung poem. It could be a lot of fun...although a bit messy.

Here is my favorite: "Pepsi good" That had to have been Kellen.

Stay tuned later this week when I share some of the bizarre searches that include the phrase "Down syndrome".

2 comments:

Jacqui said...

I get the same thing - i think how did you get to my site and how disappointed you must be. Loook forward to the rest.

Christina M said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog.

The Norweigan - Swede thing is funny - being a Swede myself, we always made fun och the norweigans, and they of us, There is like a million jokes about it.

Your son is beautiful, I am going to have to link you :-)

Have a great day,
Christina

www.christinamolin.wordpress.com