Saturday, May 5, 2007

Marysville, Montana

Our Lady of Lourdes Catholic Church 1886
Methodist Episcopal Church of Marysville. Built in 1886. My great-grandparents who were both immigrants from Norway, were married here in 1895. Abandoned in 1939, the church was near the point of collapse when it was bought in 1967 by John and Margaret Hollow of Helena. In the years since, the family has lovingly restored the church and many of it's furnishings to their original simple grace.
My great-grandparents wedding picture, May 7, 1895

4 comments:

Jacqui said...

They are beautiful churches and what a fantastic picture of your great-grandparents.

Alice said...

Thank you so much for your comment on my grumpy blog - you have made me really smile!
That is such a great photo of your great-grandparents - I love the dusty shoes.

niobe said...

I love the wedding photo. But I can't help wondering why is he the one sitting down??

Anonymous said...

I love old churches. Great photos :).