Thursday, July 19, 2007

Potential


“The essence of our effort to see that every child has a chance must be to assure each an equal opportunity, not to become equal, but to become different - to realize whatever unique potential of body, mind and spirit he or she possesses”
John Fischer

7 comments:

Anne said...

You bet! so so true. Anne

jennifergg said...

Exactly!!!

Heesun said...

Yes. Yes. And Yes!

Anonymous said...

Jodi, did you hear This American Life on PRI today? About developmental disabilities? You would love the story fo Vincent whose family/parents found ways to understand and support him. I thought of you many times as I listened.
Chris and Vic

Jodi said...

No, I didn't catch it. It sounds interesting though.

Anonymous said...

Here is the link:

http://www.publicbroadcasting.net:80/pri/arts.artsmain?action=viewArticle&sid=10&id=1082119&pid=1023

It wasn't yet available to listen to tonight. Maybe tomorrow? Really. Don't miss this. It was truly great!
Chris

All 4 My Gals said...

beautiful photo and beautiful and essential quote!