.jpg)
It's been raining for two days straight. Our brown lawn is happy, but I keep looking out and thinking, "Rain, Rain, Go Away".
I am so thankful that Kellen did well with his oral surgery. His recovery has been very smooth and uneventful. He is eating and drinking just fine and doesn't seem to be in any more pain. Unfortunately he is still struggling emotionally. He hasn't left the house since Tuesday, the day of his appointment. He talks about going out to eat, but when it comes to getting dressed, he isn't able to do it.
I miss him so badly. It is hard to look at pictures that are over two months old. When I look at them and see his smiling face, I feel even worse. I miss the things that I used to do with him and I miss his quirky personality. I still have hope that he will come back to me, but it is hard to be patient. The thing is, we know that he is in there...somewhere.
Tonight Sweet Husband and I went on a rare date to see a movie. When we got home Kellen seemed to be in a good place emotionally. Sweet Husband came in to the family room to find me and tell me that he thought Kellen was in a good mood and would let me say goodnight to him. I hurried into Kellen's room and sure enough, I was able to give him a big hug and a kiss. Kellen kissed me on the cheek and told me he loved me. It brought sweet tears to my eyes.
These moments are so few and far between...I drink them in like precious rain falling on a parched lawn.

No comments:
Post a Comment