Friday, August 10, 2007

Someone Call the Wha-a-a-ambulance

As mentioned earlier this week, Kellen is on new medication for anxiety that is causing him to obsess about food. He also seems to have lost much of his drive to be independent. As a result, not only is he constantly hungry, instead of getting himself something to eat or drink, he incessantly tells me he is hungry or thirsty. I do not think he will be able to remain on this medication...he will be 200 lbs. and/or it will be the slow death of me.

I worked a full day yesterday and then came home so that Sweet Husband could leave for a 3:30-midnight shift at his job. From the time I got home, Kellen was asking me for something to eat or drink. After he had eaten a full dinner and was still asking for more, I had to tell him the kitchen was closed and he needed to go to bed. "Did that work?" (you ask). "HA" (I answer). Finally I turned out all the lights in the house, borrowed my daughter's laptop and locked myself in my bedroom. I holed up with my television, remote control, borrowed laptop and a half bottle of water. "Did that work?" (you ask). "HA" (I answer). Kellen proceeded to knock lightly on my bedroom door for about an hour (or so). Sloooow torture, I tell you.

Due to all of the above, I woke up this morning feeling extremely tense. It is not good to wake up in the morning and feel worse then you did the night before. Not good, I tell you. After coffee, a pedicure done by DQ (her birthday present to me), and a relaxing bath, I now feel more like a human should.

Wish me luck, only a few more hours until Sweet Husband is taking sixteen days of vacation.

Anyone else need to whine today? Misery loves company. Feel free to whine in the comments section. I swear...you'll feel better.

9 comments:

Baby Island said...

Can you hear my violin? It's playing just for you (and me). I'll add my own whinging to the mix by saying, I HATE MY ATTORNEY FOR NEVER RETURNING MY CALLS. How is it that 45 Thousand dollars in fee's at 12% doesn't merit a return call?????

I'm in a ranting mood if you are!

Jodi said...

Yes! I see that hand Ms. Baby Island. Yes, hate your attorney for never returning your calls! Don't you feel better now?
Anyone else?

Awesome Mom said...

I am still sleeping horribly and my kids are soo whiny. I want to poke my ears out. My three year old is badgering me because I made the mistake of telling him a few days in advance that we were going to be visiting Grandma. Now that is all he can talk about and he cries when I refuse to immediately pack him up in the car and drive him to Grandma's house. To get some peace this morning I had to threaten him with an early nap if he did not stop his sobbing.

Jodi said...

Even awesome mom's can whine! Nice job.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the invite Jodi.
I am so sick and tired of gluten and dairy free diets for my 15 year old!!
With all his challenges you'd think someone could have seen their way clear to just have his body function so it wasn't turning on itself.
I long for the spontaneous Kidd Valley burger and shake days. So does my 15 year old.

Angela said...

Oh, me, me, me!! I have a whine to add!! I hate NOT sleeping...I LOVE sleep. I have two kiddos who take turns NOT sleeping so momma NEVER sleeps! Sometimes they gang up on us and no one sleeps...

WAHHH!

Whew, thanks Jodi, that does feel better!

Jodi said...

Yes! Sleep! Yes! Being able to eat whatever you want!
AMEN Sisters!

Anonymous said...

It is a close race between chronic sleep deprivation and chronic worrying about money. I don't know which wears me down more.
Oooops! Gotta head for bed so that I can get 2 1/2 hours sleep before night shift---I got 3 hours sleep when I came home this a.m. for a total of 5 1/2 hours interrupted sleep for the day. I have been doing this for 19 years, between being a single mom and having a kid with disabilities . . . It reeks!

On a happier note, I am marrying Bill, virtual dad to Vic, former neighbor, Vietnam Vet. We have been together 14 years, but I wouldn't dream of rushing into anything.

We are marrying now for Vic, to make his future more secure. It is a formality, to be accomplished on Thursday over lunch break at the courthouse--10 min.--in and out like a tea bag . . . But I must admit to being a little excited.
Chris and Vic

Jodi said...

Congratulations Chris! How exciting for all of you.