Those of you who have been hanging around on this blog for any length of time have probably figured out just how much I love words.
We are in the process of interviewing a couple of different men who might be caregivers for Kellen. The only thing is, I don't like the words: caregiver, companion, babysitter, respite provider, etc. etc. etc. I need a cool word, or several cool words which will describe this person's role in Kellen's life. It could even be a euphemism (but doesn't have to be.)
Here is an example: We love baby wipes in this house. They have so many excellent uses! Even though my "baby" is 16, I still can't help buying a big bulk of them at Costco. Several years ago we realized we needed to stop referring to them as "baby wipes". My friend came up with a great alternative term, "man rags". Messy hands? Grab a man rag. It works perfectly.
Sooo...here is the deal. Think up a good word for the person who will be hanging with Kellen when we aren't around. Be creative. Be fearless. Leave them in my comments section. Feel free to come up with more than entry.
The one I like the best will get a prize and their words will be immortalized (and used) in my house forever.
Wednesday, September 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

16 comments:
How bout Jeeves?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeeves
I feel I have certain credibility in this area in that my mom, (Anne over at One Girl Friday) adopted my suggestion of "The Elks Lodge" as the name for MFD's adult center. :) Meg, aka Daughter Joyful. LOVE your blog by the way.
Or the longer description of Jeeves, "the gentleman's personal gentleman." Or GPG for short. :) I could go on and on... DJ
An older term for companion or mate is 'Sidekick'. Do not hear it used much nowadays.
"My-man"
S'port (for support)
Dr. Watson (or Doc Watson)
Right-hand-man
Coach
Answer-man
Manager-man
Pope ____
Bishop _____
Or
Some nickname based on the name of the person that you hire--for example, "Coach Larry," or "Answer-man-Stan"
These are awesome, keep them coming. At work today we came up withh a few more:
Kellen's Homey
50 cent an hour
Personal Assistant
I'd call him Kellen's entourage. One guy can be an entourage, no? Hmmm...
Page
Go-fer
I think Dude is a great title.
How about:
Kellans Man Friday or
Girl Friday (depending on gender)
(from Robinson Crusoe)
Kellan' Main man (if the aid is male)
Man-aid (rhymes with band-aid...might eventually morph into "Kellans" Mand-Aid)
hi
husband the cyclist likes term "domestique" as
this is the person who is another rider whose job it is to protect the lead rider so lead can perform at his best
Anne onegirlfriday
Also in los angeles today where all the IT people
seem to have PA's
Administrative Assistant to Kellen or Aak (or AAAaaaaak!)
Kellen's second (remember the old dueling procedures, with a second?)
How 'bout "Spud" short for "support bud" as in "buddie"
Wow, these are all so good! I love the word "Dude" Maybe we could come up with an acronym:
D. U. D. E. or
D.O.O.D.
What could those letter's stand for? I also really like Kellen's Man-Aid. LOL
Wing Man?
Body Guard?
And if you ever learn the secret to easy hiring and maintenance of quality personal care providers, I'd pay good money . . .
Rachel, Daniel's mom
I like Manny but Kellen is a bit old for it. Geez, there are some good ones. I'll have to keep thinking about it.
Post a Comment