I was tagged by Emily at Lovely and Amazing to blog about what I've learned from Kellen and what I most want for his future.I've learned that communication comes in so many forms. A person doesn't need to speak much, or even at all, in order to convey their desires, feelings or choices. Just open your eyes, open your ears, open your mind and most of all open your heart. Actions speak louder than words. Sometimes Kellen "votes with his feet." Really getting to know him takes time, it will be worth it.
I've learned that if you want to really find out what a person values, what a person is really all about, just watch them interact with Kellen (or anyone else with disabilities) for awhile. It may take a few seconds, it may take a few weeks, but prejudices will be exposed. True colors will show. It never ceases to amaze me. Some of the people I would least expect to accept and value someone like Kellen, have surprised me, and other people who seemed to talk a good talk, have shocked me.
I've learned a lot about myself and especially my capacities. Just how well do I love? How much patience do I have? Tolerance? Endurance? Faith? Joy?
What do I want for Kellen's future?
I want for him to feel safe and secure.
I want him to have lots of people in his life who love and care about him and who will look out for his best interests. I hope these people also allow him to teach them some of the things I've learned and more.
I hope the sun will shine on his golden hair and that he will love his life.
I am tagging Julie, Onegirlfriday, and Dream Mom

3 comments:
I'll have to agree with the patience. It's not that I am not patient with him, it's trying to be patient because everything takes so much longer. Nice post.
Thanks for the tag. Give me a day or so and I'll respond.
Oh lovely. And well said
Amazing post. I agree.
I can see that you go through a difficult time and just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you and praying for you.
Post a Comment