Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Thanks

I'm saying thank you today.

Thanks to my mother who has been staying with Kellen once a week or so. I appreciate her taking time out of her busy life to drive to our house and spend a quiet day. I don't know how we would have gotten through these last few months without her. There is nothing like grandma love.

Thanks to my daughter D.Q. who keeps me grounded in the typical and can make me laugh like no other. I have always loved being your mother and lately am honored to call you my friend.

Thanks to my incredible friends. You know who you are: Linda, Julie, Kari, Anne, Cathy, Renee (and more.) So many of you have asked if there is anything you can do for us during these challenging times. Just know that checking in and providing a listening ear is incredibly helpful. I feel your support.

Lastly, thanks to those of you who read this blog and especially those that comment and let me know you're out there. It's an incredible feeling to type what's in my heart and find that I'm not alone.

6 comments:

Casdok said...

No you are not alone, that is one of the reasons blooging is so great.
And it sounds as though you have good family and friends.

Anonymous said...

And thank you, J, for blogging-- sharing your experiences, the good and the tough, all with a sense of humor.
Rachel, mom of boys

jennifergg said...

Thank YOU. Thank you for sharing your life with Kellen, in all it's highs and lows. It helps me better imagine my future with Avery, and that means the world to me.

Kathy Gillen said...

Thanks to you for sharing so honestly. Your humility comes through in your posts and you say things that many of us with special kids also feel.

Baby Island said...

I will not admit on a public forum that I am crying. I will not. I will not. I have something in my eye, well, both eyes is all.

You are the same person for me. Thank you.

Anonymous said...

I'm honored to be an incredible friend, Jodi. Thanks for letting me come out on your blog -- anonymously at least. :)
"Mary Kay"