Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Shoooop

Today I picked up my friend Adam (who is 16) to drive him to a workshop we were putting on for parents and educators. He was going to help us by being one of the students with disabilities that demonstrated person-centered planning in action.

I was noticing in the car that periodically he was making some kind of a shooooop noise with his mouth. I was thinking, "Hmm...I wonder if this is some new 'tick' type thing he has going on.?" After about the eighth time he made the noise I looked over and said, "Adam, what's with the noise?" He answered calmly, "I am imagining that we are driving on an air tank."

That will teach me.

3 comments:

Casdok said...

Yes it will!
Made me laugh though!

Kathy Gillen said...

It always amazing me when I think I know what a child is thinking. Can we ever know what's going on inside those precious heads?

S said...

It's always so much more interesting than what we imagine it to be, isn't it? Heh.