Monday, November 12, 2007

CD Player Revelations

It's a rainy, windy, stormy day off from work. There is a fire in the fireplace and sugar cookies cooling on the counter. I know the burning question in your mind is, "Just what is in the CD player?" A little embarrassing, but I promise to tell the truth:

Eagles: Long Road Out of Eden
I had to go to two Wal-Marts to get this on sale as the first Wal-Mart was sold out. A two-disc purchase at $11.98! The song Waiting in the Weeds has been stuck in my head all day.I love their lyrics and the harmonies. I love me some Don Henley.

Creedence Clearwater Revival: Chronicle
A classic. When Sweet Husband hears the song Green River it reminds him of the cruise we took about eight years ago. The guitarist in one of the nightclubs did an awesome job with this song. Me? I try not to let it remind me of the Green River Killer whose victims all lived in my neck of the woods. He's in prison now, so there is no need to be scared. Anyway, awesome guitar on that song.

Big Waves: Five Decades of Surf Rock
I picked this up on a whim one day at Starbucks. Partly because of the title which reminds me of Sweet Husband's nickname, and partly because I have this thing about surfing. Have I ever tried surfing? No...but I love to watch surfing DVDs set to music. I find them very relaxing. I know, a little weird...that's okay. I have a friend with autism who loves Dick Dale music. I didn't even know who Dick Dale was until I picked up this CD. Great music which makes you feel like it is summer all year round.

Big & Rich: Horse of a Different Color
These guys have some really good harmonies as well. Have you ever heard their song, Live This Life? It will send chills up your spine. I love the way they refer to a girl in a chair with wheels (instead of a girl in a wheelchair). Don't just sit there, go listen on itunes or something.

Tom Jones Reloaded: Greatest Hits
This is a Sweet Husband purchase. A complete and total blast from the past. Kellen's cardiologist has this same name. The phrase, "It's not unusual..." comes to mind every time I make an appointment. He is the best doctor ever, but not the type of guy you want to throw your underwear at.

Now don't you feel like you know me better? Tell the truth, what's in your CD player?

6 comments:

Kellan said...

Those are interesting CD's. I'm a big country music fan and I listen to a lot of Brooks and Dunn. But, lately my girls have gotten me into Kelly Clarkson - I love her new album. See ya.

Casdok said...

A lovely choice and you set the scean so well.

mommy~dearest said...

In my CD player right now?

Rock of the 80's (volume 5)
Insane Clown Posse~ Ringmaster
Sisters of Mercy~ Slight Case of Overbombing
The Smiths~ The Queen is Dead
Kids Bop (volume 9)
Baby Noah CD

kristen spina said...

Oh, I'm listening to the new Eagles right now...and...it's stunning. The harmonies are awesome. Waiting in the weeds. Oh, I could listen again and again.

Anonymous said...

The new Shawn Colvin CD with "Fill Me Up" on right now(I just LOVE her), alternating with Froggy Went a Dancin'.
A little something for everyone :)

Baby Island said...

Nora Jones (for date nights)
The Wiggles (for not date nights)
The best of Sting (for mommy relaxing)

However, I just purchased an Ipod, so now the world of music will bow at my feet....