Friday, November 2, 2007

The More You Know

Did you know that living with someone who is anxious and depressed can cause you to feel....well...anxious...and depressed? It can also cause you to seek humor in strange places.

This morning I was looking through some medications trying to find the right one for Kellen. Al-praz-olam. Sometimes I have trouble remembering these unfamiliar words. I was saying the name to myself while looking through the bottles when the Spiderman theme song came to mind. You know Al-praz-olam...Spi-der-man. You could easily substitute those two words. In fact, maybe I should make up some new words for the Spiderman song. That's another blog for another day.

Today in honor of Kellen who loves Spiderman and in honor of my brain, I give you the theme song for Spiderman:

Spider-man, Spider-man
Does whatever a spider can
Spins a web, any size
Catches thieves, just like flies
Look out! Here comes the Spider-man!

Is he strong? Listen, Bud!
He's got radioactive blood.
Can he swing from a thread?
Take a look overhead.
Hey there, there goes the Spider-man!

In the chill of night,
At the scene of the crime
Like a streak of light
He arrives just in time

Spider-man, Spider-man
Friendly neighborhood Spider-man
Wealth and fame, he's ignored
Action is his reward

To him, life is a great big bang-up
Wherever there's a hang-up
You'll find the Spider-man!

1 comment:

Casdok said...

I totally agree with your first paragraph.
And i too find humor in weird places!!