I am a parent of a child with autism
I wonder what goes on in her brain
I hear her voice and it is music
I see her smile and my heart melts
I want her to be happy and healthy
I am a parent of a child with autism
I pretend that all is well
I feel the weight of care-giving
I touch her sweet face and know what perfection is
I worry what will happen after I am gone
I sadden when I think that we still have no answers
I am a parent of a child with autism
I understand that science is slow
I dream that she talks to me
I try to stay strong and positive
I say I love you all day long
I hope not another generation must bear this
I am a parent of a child with autism
by Lynn,
Carrie’s mom
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sending lots of positive energy in your direction.
Best wishes
This is my calling card or link"Whittereronautism"until blogger comments get themselves sorted out.
I share your hope for the future...
Post a Comment