.jpg)
I don't really do New Year's resolutions anymore. I think it is better for me to think about what I want in my life, or what I want more of in my life, and write it down. Better yet, write it down and state it publicly. Blog it! Be intentional about it...and it will come.
What do I want for 2008?
Beauty
I want to experience the beautiful. I want to recognize it and then slow down to fully breathe it in.
How do I intend to bring more beauty into my life?
Visit the Museum of Glass. I've been wanting to go there for a couple of years and still haven't been. I will visit the Museum of Glass in 2008. There I said it. That wasn't so hard.
I intend to get out into nature and do some hiking. Sweet Husband will be absolutely ecstatic. He got a new backpacking tent for his birthday and we set it up in the living room, got in, sprawled out, looked at the stars on our ceiling that weren't there. It was so relaxing.
I plan to be intentional about planting my garden this spring. I vow to have a kick- ass backyard. This will take some thought, planning and preparation. This will be the year that I plan before I buy and plant. I may need some help. It will be fun to also visit some public gardens...so I'll do that too.
I love to experience beauty through music. A couple of years ago I set a goal to bring more live music into my life. I now have that. Our church has a rock concert every Sunday evening. It is often the highlight of my week. In 2008 I will continue to make live music a priority. I also want to discover new artists and bands to love. There is nothing like a new CD with beautiful music on a long commute.
I intend to delve further into photography. Getting a new camera and some photography books for Christmas is a great start. It is the perfect way for me to slow down, recognize and experience beauty. By documenting the beauty that I see I can experience it again and again and even share it. Maybe I will even take more pictures from my car window on the way to work.
Most importantly, I vow to recognize and appreciate the beauty that is inside the people in my life. Drink it in. Be in the moment more often. Be present. Say it out loud. Make sure they hear me.
What do you intend to bring into your life in 2008?

5 comments:
1. More dinners with my girlfriends.
2. More books with my children.
3. More outings period.
They are beautiful intentions.
This year i just hope everything falls into place and works!
I'm going to have in place an IEP
that is legal, and very appropriate for my child. I want to be satisfied with it.
I'm going to join the school districts SEPAC, to help them work with other parents.
I want to purchase and learn to play a Native American flute. the music is so relaxing and pretty.
Beauty, yes! I wish you lots of it and the ability to recognize it even if it is not immediately apparent.
I love this idea - of stating beautiful intentions versus resolutions. Resolutions are always about fixing what's wrong - focusing on what's lacking. But having beautiful intentions is about focusing on what's right and good and bringing more of that to your focus - I love it! Thanks for this Jodi!!! I am going to put mine on post it notes on my bathroom mirror!
Post a Comment