Monday, February 25, 2008

No Means No

Now that Kellen is 17, he has been around the block a few times. A year or two ago he picked up the phrase, "No, means No." I can imagine the scenario at school. He asks for something...they tell him he can't have it...he asks again...they say, "No, means No." He learned how powerful that phrase is and adopted it for his own.

I will ask him if he wants something and he will tell me "no." Since I am used to him saying "no" without thinking through his answer first...I will ask him again, "Are you sure you don't want it?" Then he will say, "No, means NO!"
That really gets my attention and I don't ask him again.

I really love that about Kellen. He takes something used "on" him and makes it something that will work "for" him.

2 comments:

Casdok said...

I have to ask twice as well, as C will say no (or rather hit his head) first time to everything!

Baby Island said...

Note to self tonight, Begin teaching Paige, NO MEANS NO...