There is something about sunshine that makes a day go better. Kellen has a nasty cold, but this afternoon he was up for a trip to Trader Joe's with me.
He loves to push the shopping cart and Trader Joe's is a great place to practice because the carts are small and the aisles are wide. One thing I've learned about Kellen and the shopping cart is that he feels a strong need to put the cart back in the corral when we are all done. It's "part of it" for him. He won't get in the car and let me put the cart away....he must do it.
So today he and I were walking the cart back to the front of the store to put it away when a very nice woman offered to take it off our hands since she was about to begin her shopping. She gave Kellen a big smile and said kindly, "May I use this cart?"
Kellen just stood there.
She tugged on the cart a bit and said, "May I use it now?"
Kellen said "yes", but did not let go of the cart.
I could definitely see where this was going.
I've been down this road before.
I kind of just told her "oh well" and let him put the cart away.
That's where it goes.
This is the routine.
Quit messing with my groove.
It was a sunny day.
Friday, May 9, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment