The Mother - Working, working and more working. Not getting much sleep as she has not been able to sleep in her own bed for a long time. Participating in Kellen's IEP meeting today. Spending time with Kellen. Shopping for area rugs so we can keep our new floor looking like a new floor. Has a brand new addiction...The Strawberry Surfrider at Jamba Juice.
The Daughter - This is a HUGE week for DQ. She is graduating from college on Saturday with her degree in political science. If that was not enough...she is leaving for France on Monday. She is going to be gone for an entire month. She started a blog so that the rest of us can keep up with her travels...it's that French-sounding one included on my blogroll to the right ----->
The Son - Not getting enough sleep, but at least sleeping in his own bed. We set his bed up in a "new" room which used to be DQ's and is a tiny bit larger and in a quieter location. Yesterday he visited with old friends and made faces.

The Dog - She is busy being considerate. She knows we have new flooring in this house...she must. This morning she stood in the middle of the room and looked at me funny. Then she started to retch a bit. I ran for the door to the backyard and threw it open. The she literally sprinted for the backyard. She kept running across the patio until she got to the grass and then, and only then, did she vomit. Now that is consideration. Thoughtfulness. Respect. Regard for all that is new, clean and special.
The Bird - Spending time at Camp Grandma until we are done with the tiling and all of the fumes are out of this house (or at least the one related to the remodel.)
The Cats - Just trying to survive this family and spending more time in the great outdoors. Grabbing a lap when they can.
How about you? What's new?

3 comments:
I had two big goals for this year, and as I push toward the finish of them both, they are all-consuming. I noticed this morning that a category 4 hurricane hit my upstairs, and in true weatherman fashion I have named it Hurricane Margo. I will spend a better part of today sorting throught he debris and rubble and salvaging what I can.
Mother- surviving a really bad cold that was a totally ordinary cold for Dad and child!
Wow! Kellen is already 17??? Well, Cameron is now 6 so...time as a mom seems to travel at warp speed...most of the time. Nice to read your blog. We're doing well. Going to home school Cameron in the fall with his brother but have him in the dhh classroom most afternoons during the week. I can teach reading, writing and math, but I can't teach someone about being deaf (smile).
Have a great day...
Rebecca
Mom to Cameron,6 CHARGE and Nathan
Post a Comment