
Life experience is worth a lot. If you were to receive an honorary degree based on your life experience, what would it be in?
I think mine would be in juggling or maybe multi-tasking. Over the weekend when we were still living in the hotel, I made a trip home to do some laundry. I took clothes out of the dryer and put them in a laundry basket and took it out to the car to be folded later. I found myself at a stoplight with a little extra time on my hands...so guess what I did? You're right, I started folding my laundry. I folded my laundry while waiting at every stoplight on my way back to the hotel. I'm not exactly proud of that...but it does make me laugh at myself.
Why did I do that? Part of the issue is that I despise waiting and the other part of the problem is that I don't like wasting time. If I can get two things done at the same time, then that's what I do. Three? Even better. I hear multi-tasking makes life more stressful...but I think for me feeling like I'm wasting time makes life more stressful. I thrive on the feeling I get when I finish a task...that sense of accomplishment.
How about you? What would your degree be in?

3 comments:
I'd love to get one in reading!
Too funny! Did you get any strange looks at those stoplights?
I think I deserve a Phd in chocolate. I've done my share of research....
I would have a degree in hospitality/entertainment management. I seem to be singlehandedly responsible for planning the social lives of my 3 children and my husband, along with all family vacations, outings, etc. I should be a cruise director.
Post a Comment