Saturday, August 30, 2008

Late Last Night

Late last night (when I was out with friends and not home) Kellen went on a long motorcycle ride with his cousin.



I like hearing about these things after the fact. When it is over with and my son is home and safe. I want him to have fun and to have access to a full life...yet...as a mom...it's sometimes hard to step back and let that happen. I worry. I fret.




Letting go.
I still have much to learn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hear you Jodi, My Typical son is 18. He went to Imax for the Batman
movie opening at midnight with friends, I couldn't tell him no. but still I worried, and at the same time I know he is an adult and makes his own choices now. We have plans in the works for him to go off to Chicago for colledge next year. I know it will be hard on me.As we have kept our kids close.

Casdok said...

How exciting for Kellen and scary for you.

Nora said...

You and me both! Letting go is tough.