Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Senior "Portraits"

We've had a family portrait plan for a few years and it was about to expire. I decided it was probably a good idea to attempt some senior portraits for Kellen. I knew it was a long-shot to expect a good outcome for the following reasons:

1. He doesn't enjoy having his picture taken in the first place (unless someone he really likes can be in the picture with him).

2. He is not terribly photogenic. When he smiles, his eyes tend to close. One must be very patient and almost catch him off guard. Don't ever expect a great picture if he is "posing".

3. It helps if he has a relationship with the photographer, and the one at the portrait studio would be a total stranger.

Here are the best of the worst or the worst of the worst...whatever:






I'll think we'll take our free 8x10 and run. I'll take his senior photo myself...or have Sweet Husband take him to the beach again:

3 comments:

Rob at Kintropy said...

Yep, your beach photo wins for sure. With Hannah, singing to her always brings out a smile, but I don't imagine that trick works with Kellen these days....

Penny L. Richards said...

Some photographers have "it"--patience, humor, charm, whatever--and some don't, I find. We've had some gorgeous school photos of my son, and some "what were they thinking, sending this home?" packets. Some bad ones might be chalked up to Jake's mood, but most seem to be evidence of haste and cluelessness on the photographer's part.

But I agree with the above comments--the beach photo wins by a mile.

Anonymous said...

Kudos to Sweet Husband for the photo. Loved the ones you posted on Monday, too. Thanks so much.