Today was mostly a stressful day.
For one thing, I'm in the middle of a transition from leaving one job and starting another. (Let me give you some advice if you ever find yourself in this situation: Do not give more than two weeks notice.)
In addition, Sweet Husband and I took Kellen to a naturopath appointment which was also very stressful. It is difficult for Kellen to be in a small room where he is the center of discussion. He kept cycling between acting hyperactive and taking everything off her desk to acting angry and grumbling about the things we discussed. Believe me...none of those modes are conducive to being enclosed inside a small room with someone he just met. Joy.
By the time I left the appointment, my nerves were frazzled and my stomach was in knots.
Still, I try to look for the humor where I can find it and laugh. I think it was Milton Berle who said that laughter is an instant vacation. I've found that to be very true.
Here are three things that made me laugh today:
1. Kellen walked by a young woman and called her Snack Cakes. When he said it, it was one word: Sna'cakes. Does that mean he thought she might be tasty?
2. Sweet Husband and I were joking around pronouncing a name we saw on a sign in different nasally-sounding voices. The name was "Ngoc." In the middle of this, Kellen started getting loud and obnoxious. Sweet Husband told him to "Ngoc it off!"
3. DQ made me laugh when she arrived home from work and told me about her day. She went to the copier at work to pick up what was supposed to be "one" copy she had sent from her printer. Instead, she discovered that the copier was making hundreds of copies of her document. She frantically cancelled the print job, told her co-worker that the copier was mysteriously "out of toner", and stashed the extra copies in her desk drawer.
What made you laugh today?
Wednesday, August 20, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
You! Thanks!
What I really meant was your stories of what made you laugh also made me laugh. I was in a hurry to get to the kitchen....mea culpa for a poorly-thought-out comment.
Those were great anecdotes (and they made me laugh).
Gabriel re-adopted the baby doll we bought for him when Hannah was born (after months of benign abandonment). Originally, she was a girl baby doll. Now he and Hannah have a pretend baby brother. Still has the same name: CoCo (named after a schoolfriend's kitty, I think). All that made me laugh today.
Snack Cakes made me laugh out loud!
Sna'cakes beats anything that I had thought was funny today. Laughing so hard.
Post a Comment