Wow! Jodi, I won't let a chance like this pass. I'll email you with my favourite, but first I'll tell you why each and everyone is special.
Overall, these photo's reflect your family in a phase where you and particularly Kellen hasn't been in a while. Certainly not this time last year, am I right?
The first photo is actually a difficult one to take well. I've tried photographing one of my kids' feet and I just couldn't get it completely right. Where does one cut them off, e.g.? I love how Kellen's legs slant diagonally across the photo, the texture of the jeans and how his toes are digging in the sand. Yet, those feet are holiday feet. They are relaxed feet!
The second photo of Kellen portrays a lovely mood – partly mischievous, partly relaxed, partly bored, partly preoccupied with what he's doing. I love his jacket and the way it appears on this black and white photo. Like the composition and the repetition horizontally of the white arm of the chair, the mudguard of the vehicle and the towel/blanket in the background.
The portrait is very symmetrical. It is very difficult to take a good picture close up of a face. I like how the photo is cropped and makes a heart shape because of the hood.
I'm glad that you left the next one in colour. It is monochromatic, fitting in with the others, yet there's that unexpected flash of red to the right of the picture. The vertical lines of the people and the branches reaching to the sky work well.
The last one is all about texture and repetition and pattern. What an excellent idea to photograph this.
7 comments:
Wow. Beautiful photos!
Very artsy of you, they are great!!!
Jodi, those are awesome. You really have a talent for capturing the beauty in little details!
I sometimes just stop by to absorb the tranquility of your photos.
And now I want more from you: I've tagged you with a meme on my blog.
Are those from Ocean Shores, WA? We went there once, and it was lovely and wild. I LOVE your photos.
In order to subsidize your retail therapy, why don't you sell these incredible photos? I'd buy them in a heartbeat.
Wow! Jodi, I won't let a chance like this pass. I'll email you with my favourite, but first I'll tell you why each and everyone is special.
Overall, these photo's reflect your family in a phase where you and particularly Kellen hasn't been in a while. Certainly not this time last year, am I right?
The first photo is actually a difficult one to take well. I've tried photographing one of my kids' feet and I just couldn't get it completely right. Where does one cut them off, e.g.? I love how Kellen's legs slant diagonally across the photo, the texture of the jeans and how his toes are digging in the sand. Yet, those feet are holiday feet. They are relaxed feet!
The second photo of Kellen portrays a lovely mood – partly mischievous, partly relaxed, partly bored, partly preoccupied with what he's doing. I love his jacket and the way it appears on this black and white photo. Like the composition and the repetition horizontally of the white arm of the chair, the mudguard of the vehicle and the towel/blanket in the background.
The portrait is very symmetrical. It is very difficult to take a good picture close up of a face. I like how the photo is cropped and makes a heart shape because of the hood.
I'm glad that you left the next one in colour. It is monochromatic, fitting in with the others, yet there's that unexpected flash of red to the right of the picture. The vertical lines of the people and the branches reaching to the sky work well.
The last one is all about texture and repetition and pattern. What an excellent idea to photograph this.
Post a Comment