Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Little Things

It truly is the little things.

This morning Sweet Husband got home from working a graveyard shift and went straight to bed. Kellen usually shaves with an electric shaver, but he ditched it somewhere awhile back and we haven't run across it yet. I looked at his chin today and decided I couldn't stand to look at his blond whiskers any longer. It was time to do something and with Sweet Husband sawing logs...it was up to me.

I didn't know if I could do it. I've never shaved someone's face before. I got out the shaving cream, razor and towel and went to work. Kellen stood as still as a statue for the duration. That made things easier. I proceeded very slowly and watched for bright spots of blood. There weren't any! I thought of all the times I've watched Sweet Husband shave and tried to recall how he did it. Pull the skin this way and run the razor that way. Hey, I can do this. Slowly, his baby face returned and we were done. Perfect? No. That's okay, it was fun and I didn't kill him.

It's the little things.

1 comment:

Casdok said...

Phew!!! Well done!
Yes it is these little things.

Merry christmas!