Kellen has wanted a cell phone for a couple of years and he finally got one for his birthday in January. Since he got it, he hasn't been using it much, I think his main interest was in having his own, not necessarily making calls.
Today was an exception. Every time he saw one of us use our phone, he picked his up and started dialing. We were in the car this afternoon and Kellen had his phone out again. I asked him who he wanted to call and he told me that he wanted to call one of his uncles. I dialed the number for him and handed him the phone. His aunt ended up answering and somehow the phone ended up on speaker phone...which was perfect as we were able to hear her side of the conversation as well. If she didn't understand what he was trying to communicate, we were able to say the word on speaker so she could get it. The funny thing was, every time she didn't understand a word...instead of repeating it...he YELLED the word again into the phone. Did I ever tell you what a loud voice Kellen has? He can really project. It was really funny (but maybe not for Kellen's aunt whose ears are probably still ringing.)
After the call was over, Kellen muttered under his breath, "That was embarrassing." I've always thought that Kellen felt embarrassed, but this was the first time I've heard him use the word. I felt a little bad for him, but mostly proud that he was able to express how he was feeling which is a huge accomplishment.
Later in the evening Sweet Husband, Kellen and I went to a movie together. Sitting between my two Valentines, holding each of their hands, I felt incredibly fortunate and grateful. It doesn't get much better than that.
Saturday, February 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Sweet! This post made me smile!
What movie did you guys see?
Post a Comment