Friday, November 16, 2007

Reimer Reason: The Complete First Season

One year ago today I started this blog.

I have two good friends and a mother who had been telling me for years that I should write a book about my journey with Kellen. I love telling stories about him and they thought I should be writing them down to share with a larger audience. Writing a book always seemed like too much to fit into my life. Too overwhelming. Too big. Maybe someday, but for right now, this blog is just right.

Do you ever find that you start something for one reason, and continue it for others? Do you ever plan to give and then unexpectedly, get more in return? Both have been true in this case.

I have found community here...I didn't expect that. I've stumbled upon support and acceptance, though I wasn't actively seeking it. Writing has been good for me, thanks for being here.

10 comments:

Awesome Mom said...

Happy blog birthday!!

Penny L. Richards said...

Happy blogiversary, Jodi! And many more, if it keeps giving you joy and community.

mommy~dearest said...

Hahahaaaaa! I was going to write something quippy, but I choked on my coffee with "blogiversary". I can't beat that.

I did. I started something for one reason (my family- had Jaysen) and continued it for another (love being a mom, and to give Jaysen the gift of sib-ship). Parenting is also something that I expected to give, and unexpectedly got way more in return.

That being said, happy blogiberthaversary.

Anonymous said...

Thank YOU for sharing your life!

Baby Island said...

Congratulaions and happy blogalicious blogtastic, blogstanding, blogiversary!!!!!!!

xoxox

Anne said...

keep speaking up. THere are lots of families who need to hear from you.
Anne

Anonymous said...

Tiki salt and pepper shakers are doing a little table dance right now to say happy birthday.

Kellan said...

Congratulations! It sounds like it have certainly been a blessing - your blog - and I know that feeling. It is funny how you start out thinking it is and will only be some sort of rewarding experience on only a personal level and then you definately find out that it is so much more! I am happy to have met you and Kellen and learn about your life with such a special boy. I am happy to get to know you and read your story!

Thanks for coming over and leaving the Anniversary note! Have a good weekend and see you soon. Kellan

Anonymous said...

Jodi, you are a rock!
Chris and Vic

Jacqui said...

Happy blog birthday!