
There is a scene where Cuba's character wants to steal a bus driver's uniform so he frantically runs into the men's restroom at a rest stop and concocts a story about his wife being outside and in the middle of giving birth. He says he needs the bus drivers jacket, and pants and lastly the driver's hat. When the driver asks why he needs his hat, Cuba says in an exorcist-type voice...it's for her...vaaagina. He so flusters the driver that he hands over his entire uniform.
Kellen saw the movie a few years ago, and at the time, Kellen would walk around imitating the v-word in the exact same dramatic way Cuba says it in the movie. It was one of those things where we wanted to laugh, but didn't dare take the chance of encouraging him to keep saying it.
Fast forward a few years to last night at the dinner table. I had brought a parakeet home from work for Kellen. A client no longer wanted her and even though we've never had a bird before, I thought Kellen might really like her. The bird's name is Suzette, but I thought Kellen might like to rename her.
.jpg)
I was curious to see which name he would come up with. I asked him a couple of times and he didn't respond. I know he likes Shania Twain, so I asked him if he might like to name her Shania. His response was, "No...GINE-A!"...said in the Exorcist voice. I laughed so hard I nearly joked on my dinner.
Somehow I don't think we'll be naming her that. D.Q. suggested we could name her Jay-Jay (in the same spirit as Kellen's original suggestion)...but I think we'll just wait and see which gem Kellen comes up with next.

1 comment:
How funny and cute bird. I like JJ - that would be a great name!!
Thanks for coming by and thanks for your prayers for our sweet baby. Take care and I'll see you soon. Kellan
Post a Comment