Sunday, March 2, 2008

One

I ran into a friend the other day when I was visiting Children's Hospital. Our boys with disabilities are nearly the same age and we live not too far from each other. She is originally from Mexico and I've been contracting with her at work to help me support Spanish-speaking parents of kids with special needs. She has a warm, compassionate heart and people seem to be drawn to her.

We've been working at getting our sons together more often. When I saw her in one of the halls of the hospital we talked about Kellen and I coming to her house to visit on Saturday. I offered to bring a movie over, then she mentioned that we could play the card game, "One." It took me a second, then I realized that she meant, "Uno."

We got a good laugh out of that one!

2 comments:

Casdok said...

She sounds lovely, hope you all have a great game of 'One'!!

Tasty said...

That's excellent!!!

I always enjoy reading about your family.