Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Birthday Recap


1. I still haven't found a Wii and I keep getting outbid on Ebay. I've decided to just chill and wait until places get restocked after Christmas.



2. Kellen did get a cell phone! He has been wanting one for about three years. We decided not to add him to our plan, but just get a pay-as-you go type phone. He is ecstatic to have it. The morning after his birthday, I found it in the pocket of his jeans which were in the laundry basket...sigh. Teaching him how to use it and take care of it is going to be a process.



3. We had a big open house for Kellen birthday at Peaks Frozen Custard. There were a lot of family and friends in a small space...but he did GREAT. It proved to me how far he has come in the last couple of months. I'm also learning some tricks which help him cope: Get there early before other people arrive. Have him settled at a table and give him something to focus on like drawing or doing a puzzle. Make sure he has something close by to eat or drink.



I am anticipating a really great 2009 for Kellen. 18!
Hold on!

No comments: