What do you do when your son's feet are as wide as they are long?
It's always been difficult to find shoes that fit Kellen. I usually have great luck in the children's department at Nordstrom, but I found out last week that he has totally outgrown the kids department and needs to shop in the men's department. The thing was that the only shoes the men's department had that were short enough...didn't come wide enough. At least they didn't have any shoes in stock that were both short and wide. I looked at the guy waiting on us and said incredulously..."so...were just screwed??" He looked back and said..."well, at least for now."
I went home determined to figure something out. Kellen can't go without shoes the rest of his life. Armed with the knowledge that he had measured about a men's size 6 at Nordstrom, I went on zappos.com and typed in their search engine both that size and also typed in the widest they came. It came up with a couple of athletic shoes that looked good...so I ordered a pair. They come as wide as 6E!
Two days later they arrived on our doorstep and they fit perfectly! How awesome is that?
My son, he has shoes.
Wednesday, January 14, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
That's great! Jamie also has wide feet and it has been a struggle to find shoes that don't look like "old people" shoes. We found a place near Factoria Mall called "Wide Shoes Only". Kind of pricey but at least you can try on the shoes. I've been nervous about ordering on line since it seems every brand fits her feet differently.
Here's the website. Oh, and Happy 18th to Kellen!
http://www.wideshoes.cc/
Sara
Chicks Shoes on Mercer Island.
Post a Comment